Tuesday, October 27, 2009







I finally got the back porch finished and was very happy with the results. I'll have to take a picture. Now I just have one room to sand down and paint and I am finished with the addition. How on earth do people build a whole house? These three room were hard enough for me.




Labor day was fun. Curtis and his two friends came to the Minersville Reservior house I live in along with Chris and his family and Leah and her family. It made for a fun weekend of Scattegories, good food, lots of laughs and teasing. It was my first time Crawdad hunting. Can anything be more fun than taking your grandkids Crawdad hunting for the first time. 2 yo Nash wasn't sure about it at first but then got into it along with Olivia and Gage and Skyler. Chris brought his kayaks and we each got a lesson. He tethered the little ones to him and went around the dock area. Gage, I think, loved it the most. We couldn't get him to give us a turn. I realized quickly how many whirlpools are in a lake. I would pattle 15 ft and twirl around and have to fight to get out and then another 15 ft start the process all over again. The bad thing about kayaks is that you can not lay back and rest or you loose balance and tip. I got back to the trailer and looked up to see Skyler driving with Chris in the passenger seat. Chris's eyes were out of the socket and his face tense yelling so lound everyone two blocks away at the campground could hear, "brake, brake brake!"
Things I found funny/weird this week:
A man named Jesus Cardenas who owns a hunting ranch. Jesus meaning savior or protector.
A state back east looking for a Jurwell Hurt on a homicide. Must be the name.
If you shoot a mime do you have to use a silencer? (I saw that on TV)

I am going to be skydiving soon. Anyone want to join me? Anyone want to watch and laugh at me? This has been the year of fullfilling my dreams. I got to climb Timp. I got to Kayak. I always wanted to build my own house, but the addition was enough. I always wanted to go to New Zealand and Alaska and my last one was to skydive. Hopefully the Alaska one will be this spring. I always wanted to be surrounded by my grandkids and that is fullfilled a lot. There is no better feeling than that.
I flew Miranda and Allie in last month expecting to get some time with them while Trevor finished up in Texas. But he wanted to get settled for school in Rexburg and picked them up early. I was really enjoying Allie a lot. What a fun child to watch. I picked her up at Jason's and got to spend a day with the grandkids in Salt Lake. Jason's little ones have grown so fast. I loved getting to make Halen laugh. He is 4 months old now and so much fun. When Jason and Lu told me they were expecting Halen I just started crying and couldn't stop. When he was born I couldn't stop crying again and when they brought him at 2 month old to a concert in the park in Richfield I would look at him and just start crying. Jason said he was the same way when he was born and while we were talking about it we both started crying again. Halen is one special little fellow. Chris and his family came and Skyler has shot up like crazy and Mic is becoming a mighty fine and handsome dude.
Curtis has all his paper done to turn in for a mission but Satan is pulling on him. Another boy in our ward gave his farewell Sunday and said he had his papers ready for a long time and didn't send them debating back and forth. So this fast Sunday pray for him. I think it would be great for Curtis to go because he is a little shy around people and has a hard time talking. A mission gives you confidence and teaches you so much.

1 comment:

Miranda W. said...

I think after hiking timp, you didn't feel like a dream.

Also, I think Allie would melt you even more. She's started giving kisses this last week and she gives them abundantly!